The Hazrat Zainab (PBUH) Nursing and Midwifery School was established based on the enactment of the 11th meeting of the Council for the Development of Medical Sciences Universities, dated June 24, 1987 and started working with only 5 classes with limited facilities. However, in 1991, extensive facilities were built in a land of 10 hectares, with a floor area of more than 6,700 square meters, and the school moved there. The school, which had been operating under the supervision of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences From the foundation date up to the end of 2010, has continued its activities as an independent unit under the name of Larestan School of Medical Sciences (LSMS) since 2011. It is in the southeast of Fars province in a town called Lar, which is the center of Larestan.
The school comprises the following units:
1. Education Unit: Includes Education Deputy and Educational Services that deals with all affairs related to students and professors. Classes and laboratories of biochemistry, nursing techniques, and anatomy are under the supervision of this unit.
2. Research Unit: Includes Research Deputy, which addresses all research affairs for students and professors and supervises over library, audiovisual facilities, student research committee, computer unit, and Internet center.
3. Support Unit: Includes Support and Student Deputy that performs all administrative and financial affairs related to students and staff.
4. Student-Cultural Unit: Includes Student-Cultural Management that deals with all student affairs.
2- Library: book bank, specialized journals and newspaper archives, study hall
3. Audiovisual unit
4. Computer Unit and Internet Center
5. Student Research Committee
8. Prayer room
9. Cooling and heating system
12. Conference hall (under construction)
Using the school’s extensive facilities and thanks to the efforts by faculty members, instructors, students and employees, 1112 students have completed their study programs at the school and university levels since establishment. Most of them are employed in universities and hospitals, and more than 74 are studying or have completed their master’s and Ph.D programs.
1. Office of the Supreme Leader’s Representative
2. Student Mobilization (Basij) Office
3. Scientific Association
4. Quran and Etrat Association
5. Film Committee
6. Red Crescent
7. The Guild Council
8. Islamic Society of Students
Throughout the school year, these offices and associations hold a variety of programs, including various ceremonies such as student marriages, sacred days events, birthdays of Imams, graduation events; recreational, scientific, cultural, pilgrimage and tourism camps; mourning rituals, scientific competitions, cultural and Islamic competitions; various exhibitions of paintings and books; visits to ancient works such as Neshat Garden; Dragon Castle; Qaysariyah Market; Neshat Garden’s Bath; old water reservoirs (Ab Anbar), and do other activities with the help of the managers, staff and students.